Land Manager – Tamworth – £50,000 / £60,000 + Package
We Recruit Group
The Land Manager is responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land/sites for residential development to support the Division’s objectives of achieving and maintaining a quality land bank. The role of Land Manager reports to the Land & Development Directors. Principal accountabilities of the role include:
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Division’s geographical area to ensure up to date knowledge of current and future market opportunities.
• Work closely with the land team to conduct land appraisals in line with the Group’s land appraisal system to determine the valuation of any potential development land.
• Produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development by collating build costs, market research, local planning policy and technical information.
• Successfully negotiate and prepare offers to pursue land opportunities in order to meet the Division’s land requirements that are within budgets and forecasts.
• Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical and health and safety aspects covering land acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
• Ensure effective working relationships are maintained between Land and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are maximised to assist with the land acquisition process.
• Maintain and manage the land register/portfolio.
• Liaise with Planning and external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions. Experience, Qualifications and Skills Experience
• Planning or Surveying Degree Grade 2:2 or above or equivalent is desirable
• RICS or RTPI is desirable Skills and Aptitude
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Works collaboratively with a diverse range of people
• Good administration skills
• Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficient IT skills.
• Committed to diversity and inclusion – The Role and Working Conditions
• Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
• Ability to travel to potential land opportunities and development sites.
In return we can offer you:
• Competitive salary & Competitive bonus scheme
• Company car or car allowance
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance