Quantity Surveyor | Bristol | Leading Residential Developer | Up to £60,000 + Package
We Recruit Group
Experienced Quantity Surveyor or Assistant Quantity Surveyor (ready to step up) needed for a leading National Developer in Bristol for large traditional built housing projects in the region, to assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including site budgets, payments, benchmarking, WIP, cash flows and valuations. To monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses. Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance. Management of external consultants involved in the commercial function and collaboratively work with other internal departments.
You will be responsible for:
Scheduling and quantifying materials and labour
• Ensure that Commercial Department procedures comply with both the TW Commercial Manual and the TW Operating Framework.
• Negotiate and place orders for labour and material sub-contractors, labour only contractors and material suppliers on a competitive tender basis to ensure the business output is delivered on programme and within budget
• Work alongside other departments to ensure project viability and improve cost effectiveness.
• Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
• Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Assist in WIP and cash flow forecasting.
• Procurement of Roads, Sewers & Groundworks.
• Complete Land Purchases exercises hopefully seeing the site from cradle to grave.
• Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, professional fees, site abnormal and infrastructure costs.
• Preparation of Site Budgets for authorisation by the Business Unit Management Team at the appropriate time.
• Maintain the development budget both in Coins and BoQ.
• Assist with site adoption works and manage closed site provisions.
• Manage Housing Association valuations and attend meetings on site.
Monitor and report costs
• Monitor and explain all cost movements within the site valuation.
• Have responsibility for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
• Undertake site valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis.
• Carry out full CVR process and prepare and present information for monthly Profit & Loss meetings.
• Create Cost to Completes and ensure Current budget is up to date.
• Forecast final accounts and prepare and present cost to complete reports.
• Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g., Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
• Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the group or external Companies.
• Attend Project Meetings, Pre-Start, Pre-Tender, specification, and any other relevant meetings as required under the Company’s Operating Framework.
• Input and maintain any computer-based databases or systems including Coins and Excel.
• Attend site on a regular basis to complete Commercial functions and support the site teams to running an efficient development.
• Any other duties as required by the Managing Surveyor/Commercial Director.