Group Health & Safety Advisor | National Developer Kent | Up to £50k + P
We Recruit Group
Role: Group Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Kent – Sites across the South East
Salary: Up to £50,000 + company car + excellent benefits package
Sector: Residential developer
+ company car + excellent benefits package
Sector: Residential developer
WRG are excited to be supporting one of the UK’s leading housing developers who are looking to appoint a Group Health & Safety Advisor to cover projects across the South East. Our client has an excellent reputation in the sector and builds over 10,000 homes each year across the country. They are looking to recruit an experienced and competent H&S professional to ensure safety and compliance are at the highest standards.
The role would suit an experienced H&S professional from a housing or main contractor background who understands the risks involved with new building housing projects, capable of managing multiple projects at one time and has excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Providing an integrated H&S and compliance support service to the business.
- Identifying, risk assessing and reporting potential hazards and non-compliance issues during site visits, working with site management teams to ensure corrective action is taken and escalated where appropriate to maintain company safety standards.
- Carrying out incident led investigations and report applicable incidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) under RIDDOR to ensure adherence to Government regulations.
- Effectively communicating with Regulatory Enforcement Agencies such as the HSE, Local Authority and Environment Agency, maintaining good relationships.
- Providing HSE advice, information and training to the business to ensure up to date HSE standards are maintained, including regular HSE meetings are undertaken and recorded.
- Working closely with other regions within the business to ensure H&S compliance and ISO management systems are in place.
- Liaise with CDM Advisor and ensure that all documentation related to CDM 2015 is compliant and in place for projects.
- Providing concise accident and incident investigation reports to reduce civil risk.
- Carry out risk assessments and site audits on projects.
- Implement training where identified.
- Attendance and input at pre-start meetings where required.
- Focusing on sub-contractors performance to seek continuing improvements.
- Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Membership to IOSH.
- Excellent knowledge of 2015 CDM Regulations.
- Previous experience of working for a Housing Developer or Principal Contractor within a H&S capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Starting salary in the region of £50,000.
- Company car.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Company phone, laptop/ tablet provided.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Excellent CPD, training and support.
If you are interested in the role then please get in touch with We Recruit Group to learn more – info@WeRecruitGroup.com