QS | West Midlands | National Housebuilder | Up to £60k + P
We Recruit Group
Up to £60,000 + Package
We are working with a leading national 5* housebuilder who are seeking to bolster on the commercial team due to continued growth.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working within the wider Commercial, Estimating and Buying team, you will be responsible for supervising, managing and advising on the financial and contractual aspects of multiple construction projects. You will provide a range of cost control and financial reporting duties across all aspects of construction work undertaken by the company
What do I need ?
• Working closely with other departments, including Land, Development and Construction, you will attend design meetings to advise on all areas that may have a cost implication
• Attend development meetings when appropriate, contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings
• Upon receipt of Contract Documentation, you will be responsible for checking all contract drawings to identify errors, omissions, anomalies and areas where unnecessary cost may arise
• Receive initial tender information and assist in the preparation of the proposed tender lists and updating of subsequent procurement programmes
• Prepare stage payment schedules to assist in the financing of the works
• Carry out pre-order meetings including all necessary Health & Safety requirements, finalising a tender sum and agreeing a stage payment schedule for payment purposes before preparing all contract documentation and placing the order
• Place subcontractor orders, including interviews and checking references on selected subcontractors. You will then negotiate the contract sum within the budget, including finalising costs to cover all late variations
• Issue variation orders and development changes alongside providing cost advice on major variations prior to issue. You will issue revised contract drawings to subcontractors; negotiating the cost of variations including liaising between Buyers and Build Managers. You will provide a full range of pricing information for purchaser’s extras
• Check all costs posted to each contract, collate and reconcile all costs resulting from subcontract works, variation orders, site instructions, material order and preliminary / running costs. This will include providing monthly analysis of costs and identify possible areas of over expenditure at future dates
• Check and arrange subcontractor payments, obtaining necessary authorisation for passing payments for all elements of subcontractor works. You will agree final accounts with subcontractors, ensuring all works have been carried out within budget and analysing costs to assist on future estimates