Managing Quantity Surveyor | Developer | Berkshire | 85 – 87.5K
We are working with a leading Tier 1 National Developer who are due to expansion are looking to add a Managing Quantity Surveyor to the region.
You will be tasked with working on 1 or 2 jobs and assisting the CM on managing the commercial team, payment runs and other protocols.
They are looking for someone from a Developer or Main Contractor background and good on JCT Contracts.
As a business they offer agile working so if it suits you to work from home 2/3 days a week this is fully supported.
You will be expected to:
- Oversee the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required, including completing the reports if necessary.
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction which the company may employ, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC requirements.
- Manage the work of the surveyors including ensuring that the surveyors receive the required training and mentorship for them to learn and thrive in their responsibilities.
- Responsibility for all cost control procedures, working within the guidelines set out.
- Oversee policies and procedures including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
- Ensure that the Commercial teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development.
- Ensure the organisation of the department’s workload contribute to the conceptual designs/options to ensure the design is kept within the budgeted values.
- Liaise with Cost Planning, Buying and Technical to ensure accurate budget preparation.
- Be responsible for production of the Site Start budget, liaising with all Departments to ensure document is completed on time to allow the construction to commence, and Sales to start marketing.
- Be actively involved in value engineering, including updating site review documents, to ensure we achieve best value.
- Be responsible for budget control throughout a development; managing cost overruns within contingency levels.
- Supervise costing for each aspect of site development.
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow.
- Audit all subcontractor recommendations to ensure compliance is in line.
- Oversee Subcontract orders, payments, and variations.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions, always aware of budgetary constraints, and ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations in excess of the respective allowances.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
- Compile and Present valuations at valuation meetings
- Be aware of all codes of practice e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director.