Assistant QS | Developer | South West London | 40 – 45K
We are working with an established regional developer who has over 40 years’ experience in the restoration and conversion of historic and listed buildings. Due to a healthy pipeline, they are looking to double their headcount over the next five years.
You will be tasked with working on a listed refurb of a large hospital, 3 phases, 300 units.
To assist a senior member of staff with the running of the commercial function on specific project(s) from inception through to the delivery of scheme and completion of final accounts.
Responsibilities (Not limited to):
- Work with project surveyors and help with the management of the commercial aspects of each development.
- Produce tender packs, chasing returns and compiling analysis of returns.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, project review meetings with construction team as well as external contractors.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
- Assist the Senior Surveyor/ Commercial Manager with take-offs for land appraisals when required.