Groundworks QS | SW England | National Housebuilder | £45k-£60k + P
We Recruit Group
Groundworks Quantity Surveyor
South West England
£45,000 – £60,000 + Package
We are working with a leading Privately Owned National Housebuilder int he South West of England, who seek a Quantity Surveyor experienced in Groundworks packages. To control costs, from procurement to final account for all aspects of cost, manage administration of sub-contractors, produce internal valuations and assist in the training of the Trainee Surveyor and mentor as required. Supervision of Assistant Surveyor and or Trainee Surveyor and their development. Extract Maximum value from Groundwork & Infrastructure Procurement.
Working with Regional Land and Technical teams to manage the preparation of Future Developments. Co-ordination and Project Management of Future Developments and Site Enabling works.
- Assisting in the preparation of the sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
- Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing subcontract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
- Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs including infrastructure costings and include within New Site Start Appraisal (NSSA).
- Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Senior Surveyor, Commercial Manager and Construction Department, including maintaining the databases and distributing information
- Updating / producing SWMP plan and Carriers Matrix, including updating Licence
- Numbers and expiry dates and issue to site as necessary
- Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
- Pricing non-standard client extras as required and liaising with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department to ensure costings are correct.
- Carrying out monthly valuation on New and Future Developments including production of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) and Cost to Complete Sheet (CTC) including attending Valuation Meeting.
- Liaising with the Housing Association including producing invoices and H & S pack as required and attend all necessary site meetings.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical Department over specification for Code for Sustainable Homes and producing schedules and back up information as required.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Attend Regional Land & Technical meetings to report on progress of Developments with an imminent site start and to collate information regarding future Developments to aid Commencement.
- Collate information to ensure the commencement of Development is planned and executed in line with obligations and meets a critical path to assist with achieving the programme.
- Liaise with Regional Land, Planning and Engineering teams to ensure the preparation of Future Developments and execute enabling works.
- Creation of Critical Path Documents to ensure Development delivery in line with requirements.
- Project Management of Future Developments to ensure critical dates are achieved.
- Working with regional Technical team to identify Value Engineering Improvements and Liaise with Engineers and Specialists to ensure best practice and assist with Early Technical and Engineering cost efficiencies.
- Ensure technical information is available and accurate prior to tendering and construction.
- Conduct site visits and meetings with contractors to ensure accurate valuations and to ensure best practice is being followed during construction.
- Assist Planning and Technical departments with discharging conditions for new developments.
- Future planning for new developments and detail provisions and estimates for packages which have not yet been detailed or priced (i.e. Planning for future Muck away/Materials movements to ensure progression of build, hand over details to Project Surveyor and provide Estimates for budget purposes).
- Work In Progress and Return on Capital estimates in line with Project Trackers and Critical Path Delivery targets.
- Assist Adoptions with Inspection and ensuring the Adoption process is completed in line with requirements.
- Overseeing the procurement process of Groundwork and Infrastructure together with other members of the Commercial Team.
- Analysing tender returns and negotiating best price while achieving the programme.
- On commencement on site by the Groundworker, assisting the build teams to ensure that they comply with their obligations and in accordance with the agreed accepted tender.
- Managing the payments to the Groundworker to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with the regional Health & Safety Manager prior to procurement to ensure the correct packages are awarded (i.e., who is the Principle Contractor and who is undertaking that work).
- Registering sites for Hazardous Waste Premise Code and CLAIRE as necessary and liaise with Commercial Manager/Director and Construction Department.
- Carry out Land Viability Analysis and liaising with the Commercial Manager / Director / Design & Technical Department as required.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager as required in updating the regional cost database.