Assistant QS | National Contractor/Developer | Gloucestershire | Up to £50k + P
We Recruit Group
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Up to £50,000 + Package
We are working with a leading employer, a national Contractor/Developer who due to regional
growth is seeking to bring on board an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist and run live
volume residential new build developments.
Typically required to:
- Provide general assistance to the Commercial department as and when required.
- Assist with the compiling of tender packages for sub-contract trades.
- Receive tenders and assist with the analysis sheet for each trade comparing tender levels.
- Assist with the issuing of sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy and Commercial Best Practice to budget and within programme requirements, including attend sub-contract pre-order meetings.
- Ensure invoices/applications for payments are processed in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Diligently use the systems and processes to manage site project administration, including orders, variations, valuations, etc.
- Assist the commercial team in the management of aged debt.
- Issue Payment Withhold Notices, where a contractor application, or part thereof, is in dispute in accordance with Construction Act.
- Immediately advise management of notification of impending claim or legal action arising from a disputed claim or payment from a Sub-Contractor/Service Provider.
- Use the COINS system to manage site project administration, including orders, variations, valuations, etc.
- Assist with producing high level and detailed cost plans to assist Land department with bidding on potential sites, including measurement of items outside of standard build costs.
- Regularly conduct site visits.