Land & Planning Manager
We Recruit Group
Land & Planning Manager | Leading Housebuilder | Newcastle | Up to £60k+P
Our client are a Tier 1 Housing Developer with a strong pipeline of projects over the next few year. They are looking to hire a Land & Planning Manager for advising the Division on all aspects of planning policy and development management affecting land acquisition..
· To work closely with the land buying team in identifying, evaluating and securing sufficient land on the most cost effective terms to support the Divisions business objectives
· Undertake planning approvals of potential sites under consideration and make recommendations on the appropriate method of acquisition from the necessary strategy
· Provide day to day planning advice on residential schemes but also mixed-use developments
· Identify, negotiate and secure strategic land for the Division
· Management and promotion of the Strategic Land Portfolio in order to deliver sites to the division at the earliest possible opportunity
· Identify and advise the division of potential development sites that may become available through the prevailing/emerging planning policy
· Promote sites through the Local Plan system and keep landowners/agents as well as the divisional management team advised of progress
· Negotiate terms working with the divisional team as appropriate in order to acquire land interests directly with landowners and agents
· Prepare Planning Reports on land to be acquired by the division identifying any planning/commercial risk
· Formulate planning strategies in order to obtain a planning consent in a timely manner within an appropriate deadline that allows the division to deliver sales completions in accordance with forecasts and which maximises commercial returns for the company
· Negotiate with landowners, Local Authority officers and the community regarding residential development proposals. Also ensuring that they are commercially viable and capable of achieving a planning consent within a reasonable timescale
· Negotiate S106 agreements with the Divisional Team as appropriate in accordance with the Company’s requirements and advise the division of the commercial implications
· Prepare and submit planning applications with accompanying scoping and screening opinions and the appropriate level of information to ensure the application is registered and processed by the Local Authority and compliant so that they are not capable of legal challenge.
· Attend Planning Committee Meetings and speak/present on behalf of the company as necessary.
· Prepare, submit and process Appeals, including the ability to prepare proofs of evidence and represent the company at any Hearing/Inquiry as necessary.
· Manage expenditure and prepare budget costs for planning application/appeals including the appointment of Consultant teams and ensuring expenditure is within the agreed budget.
· Experience of working in Land and/ or planning.
· Negotiating heads of terms and legal for land contracts/ option agreements.
· Experience of addressing the general public as well as council officers and committee members in a public forum.
· Qualifications and Training
· Planning or Surveying Degree or above or equivalent is desirable
· RICS or RTPI
What’s on offer:
· Up to £60k
· Competitive car allowance
· Optional salary sacrifice car scheme
· Competitive annual bonus
· Contributory pension scheme
· 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
· Access to discounts and benefits portal
· ShareSave Scheme
· Life assurance