Senior QS | National 5* Housebuilder | SW England | £60-£75k + P
We Recruit Group
Senior Quantity Surveyor
National 5* Housebuilder
South West England
£60,000 – £75,000 + Package
We are recruiting to a Senior Surveyor role for 5* privately owned Housebuilder out of South West England region.
Main duties to include:
- Preparing sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
- Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing sub-contract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical Department to prepare full enquiry packs for the tendering of utilities to ensure the most cost effective solution for the site.
- Overseeing Surveyors in producing groundwork and roads and sewers tenders and tender analysis to ensure full compliance with drawings and specification.
- Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department including maintaining the database and distributing information.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical and Construction Departments to ensure correct materials are procured in the required time frames that are both cost effective and aesthetically correct.
- Preparing Material Schedules as required ensuring regional targets for production are maintained.
- Ensuring sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed, checked and interim payments are prepared for approval in line with Authorisation Levels and Commercial Procedures, including keeping payment record sheets up to date, highlighting any claims for additional works outside of the budget estimate summary and settling all final accounts expediently after works are complete.
- Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
- Carrying out monthly valuation including production of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) and Cost to Complete Sheet (CTC) and attending the Valuation Meeting.
- Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors as required.