Technical Engineering Manager
We Recruit Group
Technical Engineering Manager | National Housebuilder | Up to £80k | Surrey | WFH
Our client are a Tier 1 Housebuilder looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to join the Technical team. This role typically reports to the Technical Director.
The purpose of the role is to provide engineering design and technical support for the region and manage all external consultants of the Technical team in the production of drawings for the design of site developments whilst working to an internal brief from the Management Team.
The role will include:
· Manage the site evaluation process and provide timely provision for economical and viable solutions to technical problems so the project remains within budget and the Build team can maintain the programme
· Run projects from initial site identification or from Planning Approval Stage you will procure the Technical package and co-ordinate/check and issue information which enables on time site commencement
· Establish and enforce quality and standards in schemes to maintain the good image of the company
· Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team to promote safety in the way we build projects
· Effective daily management of the consultant team to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable the Build and Sales departments to fulfil their roles
· Co-ordinate production information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective finish to the sites.
· Given proven experience, the role may involve mentoring and training junior members of the team and developing their skills to a sufficient level where they can take on more responsibility and add value to the team.
· To agree the delivery programme of design information in accordance with the business development and procurement programmes on time and in accordance with Company standards
· On occasion provide assistance to the Technical Director when making key business decisions and attend regular regional meetings as the relevant subject expert
· Exceptional communication, organisation and time management skills
· A civils, infrastructure, groundworks or possibly more general construction background
· Valid Managers CSCS Card is desirable
· Full UK driving licence required
What’s in it for you?
· Up to £80k
· Company car or car allowance
· Contributory pension
· Life cover