We Recruit Group
Technical Coordinator | Tier 1 Developer | London | Up to £60k
Our client are a leading property developer in London. They builds homes and neighbourhoods across London, Birmingham and the South of England. They specialise in brownfield regeneration, working together with their partners to revive underused land and create unique, sustainable and nature-rich places where communities thrive and people of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy a great quality of life.
They are currently looking to hire a Technical Coordinator to work on one of their flagship schemes (over 3000 unit project).
Purpose of the role:
To co-ordinate and be responsible for all Technical information from inception to completion supporting the on-site project delivery team and Key business requirements aligned to culture, core values and financial reporting.
· Demonstrates compassion and consideration of others and treats others the way they want to be treated forming mutual trust and professional respect.
· To actively promote collaborative working to achieve best practice engagement across the entire project team.
· Builds and maintains effective networks both internally and externally to form mutually beneficial relationships whilst developing skills to manage expectations.
· To agree within the first 6 months a development plan setting out SMART objectives and goals to give clear visibility of succession planning and career path to a Snr TC Mgr.
· Liaise with all members of the project team and internal customers to drive forward all information output deliverables aligned to programme requirements.
· Take ownership of all design team/subcontractor information, check and prepare Technical drawing releases as required by Technical team, complying with all processes as described in the Technical Manual and SharePoint internal/external document management protocols.
· To manage and process the regular consultant Technical payments, preparing approval forms ready for the Senior Technical manager approval.
· To highlight to the project team any Non-Conformance related matters either detailed information or As-built in-situ on site which have potential cost implications.
· To maintain the brand and assist in delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction on hand-over and post occupation NPS survey result.
· Consistently works to a high standard and looks for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers.
· Collate and review all documentation required by the Operations team including site wide project specific requirements during each stage of the development including the handovers/O+M’s.
· Manage and check all documentation required by the Sales and Marketing team ensuring consumer code compliance.
· To liaise with the Customer Service department as required.
· To ensure Technical processes and procedures are followed in accordance with the company protocols.
· Is accurate, pays attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time.
· Assist the department in maintaining updated processes in regards to Building Regulations, BE/EN codes and any other Statutory Bodies.
· Manage the Planning Condition and S106 obligations and/or Development Agreement trackers as set out by the planning consent to safeguard the business from potential risk of enforcement action taken by Local Authorities. Ensure enquiries and applications go to statutory service companies and local authorities.
· Manage the Building Control and 3rd Party Warranty provider, conditional approval trackers, ensuring all information is released in a timely manner by the design team or subcontractors to safeguard the business from risk of non-compliance.
· Facilitate information to assist with Party Wall agreements and any other 3rd party
· legal matters.
· Assist the Technical team in satisfying obligations acting as Principle Designer.
· Undertake appropriate Health and Safety training as required by your line manager.
· Good sense of responsibility and commitment demonstrating the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
· Good IT skills and familiarisation with Project Document Management administration.
· Grounding through Architectural/Engineering/MEPH or Interior Architecture training.
· 3 Years’ experience of residential planning and Technical Housing Standards / DCLG requirements / London Plan and holder of valid CSCS card.
· Self-Driven and willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
· Operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external customers in collaboration with the project team.
· Demonstrate knowledge of Building Regulations & NHBC Stds, detailing and construction methodology having the ability to think logically and/or laterally to find solutions.
· Pragmatic / common sense approach demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
· Operates with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
· Conveys accurate information through effective communication using the most appropriate methods to adapt it to the audience ensuring mutual understanding.
· Performs effectively by controlling emotions when exposed to difficult situations.
· Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time Management operating in a structured approach.
· BTEC/HNC/HND / Degree in Construction Management or equivalent qualification
· A member of, or working towards a professional accreditation
· Valid SMSTS & CSCS Card
· Hold a current CSCS card and take responsibility for its renewal as and when required