Head of Commercial | Developer | North West London | 120K
We currently working on behalf dynamic family-owned Property Company with over 40 years’ experience in design, conversion, and management of buildings and new structures into luxury residential and commercial spaces.
They are seeking a Head of Commercial / Commercial Director to head up a New Homes Division.
You will be tasked with delivering a 50-unit scheme and then looking after 5 schemes that are coming to fruition next year and will have budget to grow a team beneath you.
As it’s a new division you will need to be a hands-on commercial lead and be comfortable reporting directly into stakeholders.
Offering a fantastic salary up to 120K + package.
You will be expected to:
- Oversee the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required, including completing the reports if necessary.
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction which the company may employ, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC requirements.
- Manage the work of the surveyors including ensuring that the surveyors receive the required training and mentorship for them to learn and thrive in their responsibilities.
- Responsibility for all cost control procedures, working within the guidelines set out.
- Oversee policies and procedures including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
- Ensure that the Commercial teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development.
- Ensure the organisation of the department’s workload contribute to the conceptual designs/options to ensure the design is kept within the budgeted values.
- Liaise with Cost Planning, Buying and Technical to ensure accurate budget preparation.
- Be responsible for production of the Site Start budget, liaising with all Departments to ensure document is completed on time to allow the construction to commence, and Sales to start marketing.
- Be actively involved in value engineering, including updating site review documents, to ensure we achieve best value.
- Be responsible for budget control throughout a development; managing cost overruns within contingency levels.
- Supervise costing for each aspect of site development.
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow.
- Audit all subcontractor recommendations to ensure compliance is in line.
- Oversee Subcontract orders, payments, and variations.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions, always aware of budgetary constraints, and ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations in excess of the respective allowances.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
- Compile and Present valuations at valuation meetings
- Be aware of all codes of practice e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director.