Quantity Surveyor | Developer | Maidenhead | 65K + P
We are working with a long standing developer client of ours who due to a project win are looking to expand the commercial team with the hire of a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be tasked with working on a brand new scheme which comprises of 199 homes, compromising 22 one-beds, 35 two-beds, and eight three-bedroom apartments, and eight two-beds, 68 three-beds, 43 four-beds, and 15-bedroom homes.
To be responsible for the commercial function on specific project(s) from inception through to the delivery of scheme and completion of Final Accounts.
• Maintain all cost control procedures and working within the guidelines.
• Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required.
• Be aware of new materials and methods of construction, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practise and NHBC requirements.
• Be responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
• Compile Site Start budget, liaising with all Departments.
• Lead the value engineering.
• Maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within contingency levels.
• Complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development.
• Analyse and report on costs and cash flow.
• Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials.
• Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval.
• Process Subcontract orders.
• Evaluate and agree variations and instructions, always aware of budgetary constraints, and ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations in excess of the respective allowances.
• Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
• Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
• Compile and Present valuations.
• Be responsible for accurately controlling all commercial aspects.
• Complete any other duties as required by the Senior/Managing Surveyor/Commercial Manager.