Quantity Surveyor | West London | Developer | 65K + P
We are working with a powerhouse developer who are seeking to add a Project Quantity Surveyor to their team.
The business has become probably the leading developer / contractor in the UK and is very sought after to work for so this is an exciting role for someone looking to kick one with their career.
You will be joining a settled and high performing team working on a large 2000 plus regeneration scheme in West London. On offer is a fantastic salary up to 62K + package.
To be responsible for the commercial function on specific project(s) from inception through to the delivery of scheme and completion of Final Accounts.
- Maintain all cost control procedures and working within the guidelines.
- Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required.
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practise and NHBC requirements.
- Be responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
- Compile Site Start budget, liaising with all Departments.
- Lead the value engineering.
- Maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within contingency levels.
- Complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development.
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow.
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials.
- Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval.
- Process Subcontract orders.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions, always aware of budgetary constraints, and ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations in excess of the respective allowances.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
- Compile and Present valuations.
- Be responsible for accurately controlling all commercial aspects.
- Complete any other duties as required by the Senior/Managing Surveyor/Commercial Manager.