QS/SQS | Leading Housebuilder | Northamptonshire | Up to £70k + P
We Recruit Group
Up to £70,000 + Package
We are working with a leading Housebuilder who due to continued growth are seeking a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on traditional build residential projects of anything from 70-180 plots per development, to work on/assist on up to 4 live sites at any time with assistance of an AQS.
This role of Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations. Principal accountabilities of the role include:
• Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
• Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
• Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
• Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
• Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
• Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
• Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
• Maintain trade specifications.
• Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
• Manage Professional Fees Budget.
• Assist with material buying when required.
• Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required