Technical/Senior Technical Coordinator | Tier 1 Developer | Oxford | £45,000-£65,000+P
The Technical Coordinator will assist the Technical Manager in managing the Technical function of a site-based project on all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business – from commencement on site to completion and final adoptions and handovers. They will ensure that information is produced, checked and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within
- Manage the external design team and specialist consultants to ensure that all construction documents are provided within the agreed development programme and budget.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all Design-Technical Meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Review and scrutinise design drawings, specifications and details for compliance, buildability, VE options throughout all stages of the design process. Distribute project specifications.
- Receive, co-ordinate and check specialist subcontractor and supplier information.
- Attend specialist supplier and subcontract meetings as required.
- Manage the distribution of preliminary, construction and as-built information internally with the Document Controller (where applicable), addressing department feedback, and producing a high quality, fully coordinated design package.
- Ensure Building Regulations and Warranty conditions are cleared without delay to the project and without risk to the business.
- Ensure statutory approvals (for example, S278, S104 and S38 agreements) are obtained in a timely manner.
- Manage enquiries and applications to statutory service companies and local authorities.
- Resolve design and building problems, contacting relevant personnel and consultants, as appropriate.
- Attend and report at monthly site Project Review Meetings if required.
- Liaise with Planning, Commercial, Health & Safety and Sales Departments.
- Provide site support and manage responses to technical requests for information.
- Manage changes to the technical project information through the Company’s discounted cash flow process.
- Prepare and check brochure plans.
- Assist in the preparation of operations and maintenance manuals; incorporating a Health and Safety file for hand over to management company and / or housing association.
- Comply with Company contracts, regulations and administration systems in force at the time.
- Keep up to date with correct building products and techniques, current building regulations and relevant supplementary legislation that may impact the performance of the required duties.
Benefits & Rewards
Generous holiday entitlement with service days
Flexibility in working hours
Holiday buy, sell and carry over
Competitive bonus scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Enhanced maternity/paternity pay