Technical Coordinator (contract)
We Recruit Group
Technical Coordinator | 4 month contract |Beaconsfield | £200 pd
Our client is an award winning SME housebuilder located in Beaconsfield. They currently require a temporary Technical Coordinator to assist with a project coming to and end. You will also support the technical team on a new project due to start early next year. The role is 3-4 month contract that could potentially last longer.
Key elements of the role to include:
- Support the Technical Management team with technical appraisals, where abnormal costings of potential development land are provided within required timescales.
- Provide cost effective options in physically developing the land where recommended.
- By ensuring, where requested, that the site can be properly serviced and constructed upon.
- Support strategic land acquisitions and planning appeals including strategic technical studies, negotiating with statutory Authorities, instructing Consultants and obtaining/vetting their reports.
- Liaise with statutory authorities with documentation and drawings relevant to the contracts and sites
- Prepare detailed Design programmes, including the management of the production information to ensure the company meets its business objectives
- Assist with Technical and Services budgets
- Feedback all technical design matters encountered during construction to the Technical Managers.
- Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate.
- Undertaking adequate CPD to maintain Professional Status where appropriate and to be aware of industry changes and developments.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical experience, either from an Architectural Consultancy or Developer background
- Previous experience within the House Building or Construction sector
- Degree educated in relevant disciplines, such as Architecture, Design, Planning, Civil Engineering or the Built Environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in dealing with highly complex technical drawings and plans
- Able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners
- Building Regulations and NHBC standards knowledge
- Strong IT skills