QS | Housebuilder | Norfolk | £45-55k + P
We Recruit Group
£45,000 – £55,000 + Package
An established and respected housebuilder with over 30 years’ experience throughout the East Anglia, committed to high quality design, construction and customer service.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for developments from pre-tender enquiries through to final account settlement.
- Responsible for producing, managing, and forecasting build costs for our developments as well as ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. You will have responsibility for sub-contract procurement, payments & valuations
- Awareness of new materials and methods of construction along with a sound knowledge of the latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC and LABC requirements is important
- You will be expected to contribute to design concepts to ensure designs fall within budget, and to complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development
- Responsible for liaising with relevant departments in order to prepare/compile the Site Start budget in readiness for the commencement of construction and marketing of the site
- Preparation of tenders, and procurement of subcontract trades is a key part of the role. You will also be responsible for managing the payment process for subcontractors, supporting members of the payments team in ensuring payments are made in accordance with agreed payment terms
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager and Site Manager, you will be required to attend subcontract performance review meetings with subcontractors from time to time
- You will be responsible for maintaining budget control throughout the development, managing cost overruns within contingency levels. When evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions, you must always be aware of budgetary constraints, ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations that are more than respective allowances
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis is an integral part of the role as is attendance at management team/department meetings, which may be held at various locations outside of the workplace