We Recruit Group
Tier 2 Contractor
Up to £80k +P
To progress design activities from concept through to detailed construction packages and achieve statutory compliance approval in accordance with programme/budget and working under minimum supervision.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for delivering technical design and statutory compliance approvals in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Responsible for the programming and organization of design activities to ensure the achievement of programme requirements.
- Arrange consultants’ tender bids and complete the appointment of design teams according to budget. Monitor and control consultants’ performance and fee expenditure against deliverables.
- Organize Land/Planning handover meetings and validate the completeness of the delivery phase brief. Perform a gap analysis exercise and request information to complete the brief.
- Lead and chair design team meetings and manage the design process including technical design matters from pre-planning through to completion.
- Liaise with client, site team, consultants and sub-contractors to progress and resolve technical design and statutory compliance matters.
- Monitor the achievement of compliance against statutory compliance and environmental obligations related to Planning, S106, S278, Building Regulations, Insurance Provider, CDM, BREEAM, Sustainability targets, etc.
- Identify and manage design risks to ensure that they are mitigated in good time.
- Perform value engineering and optimization exercise aiming to creation of additional value.
- Ensure the design team output is complete and resolves the specific challenges of the job.
- Support the members of the commercial and construction teams working on the achievement of the project goals as a team.
- Manage specialist subcontract design process ensuring the design team review, comment, co-ordinate, and status Sub contractor’s design information.
- Review specialist subcontractor design to ensure compliance with ER’s and planning drawings.
- Undertake structural options, design validation, design rationalization, value engineering and package review meetings with the client, professional design team and site team, to assess alternative design proposals and solutions.
- Manage the employer directive, change control and sample approval process.
- Participate in site planning, logistics and set up, when required.
- Manage RFI (request for information), NCR (non-conformance report), technical submittals in a timely and effective manner.
- Fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested.
- Undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the company or sister company.
- Provide coaching to design coordinators or design managers.
- Experience in successfully managing and providing technical guidance to residential and commercial developments.
- Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management qualification.
- Strong knowledge of construction systems and sequences.
- Strong knowledge of RIBA plan of work and statutory compliance requirements.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good people management and negotiation skills.
- Commercially aware and capable of managing consultants’ appointment.
- Knowledge of design sequence and construction for typical residential developments.
- Understands the key design principles such as M&E design parameters, disability, fire and acoustic requirements.
- Knowledge of contract management and contract law.
- Knowledge of the design process at pre-construction and construction stages with a main contractor or developer.
- Good understanding of the Traditional and Design & Build procurement types.
- IT skills: MS Office Package, Autocad, Revit, Asta or Primavera.