We Recruit Group
Leading Main Contractor
Up to £85k +P
Reporting to the Contracts Director, as Design Manager you be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines in conjunction with the project team, managing the design and ultimately delivering a high-quality job on programme
- To produce, agree and manage, with all relevant parties, the design programme and design information flow. Ensure these are incorporated into the overall construction programme.
- To manage the design approval process, including drawings, technical submittals, and samples through workflows. Monitor and contribute to client PM team.
- Create and manage the information release schedule, RFIs and input to the change control process.
- Liaise with design team consultants, sub-contractors, MAR team to lead the design process to produce accurate information in line with the agreed ER’s specifications, design and cost plan.
- Monitor and review design team consultants and sub-contractors resources to ensure the programme dates are met in accordance with the information release schedule.
- To work in collaboration with the project team and client, clients’ advisors, and appointed consultants.
- Manage the production and coordination of the Contractor Design Proposals.
- Arrange and chair relevant design workshops, technical reviews, and issue actions.
- Collate and review tender packs along with the QS team.
- Assist the appointment of consultants, input & review the consultant scope of services. Develop the design responsibility matrix. Identify any scope gaps and address with the client team.
- Assisting with the strategic link between the design department, commercial team and site;
- Assisting of discharging of planning conditions in parallel with the design team;
- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information;
- Ensure the product meets customer expectation in relation to build and finish;
- Building Control Approved Regulations – management of the building control, inspection, quality control.
- Create, coach and implement a QA recording system on site with the input from the site team.
- Any other duties as required by management.
- A Degree / HND in a construction related discipline such as architecture, construction management, construction project management, design management or architectural technology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the construction industry.
- A creative drive and keen eye for innovative ideas and trends.
- Proven ability of working on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt and work flexibly and produce quality projects consistently.
- Commercially aware with extensive knowledge of all disciplines involved in the construction process including quantity surveying and procurement.
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and other regulatory matters.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Flexibility with regards to location within the UK & Ireland.
- Candidates should have the appropriate work permit or the right to work in the UK.