Design Coordinator (3 month contract)
We Recruit Group
Design Coordinator | Leading Developer | London | 3 month contract
The role will include:
- To manage the flow of technical information on a number of projects at any given time to ensure the projects are built on time and within budget
- To check and approve architect’s and engineer’s drawings and assist in the management of external consultants to minimise issues, thus maintain strong working relationships and strengthening the regional performance
- To monitor the discharge of planning conditions, issue timely construction drawings and ensure enquiries and applications go to statutory service companies and local authorities to provide the highest standard of compliance for the Technical Department
- To liaise with other company departments providing technical assistance whilst maintaining the highest standard of Health and Safety creating safe environments
- To liaise with the NHBC/LABC on Building Regulation matters and discharge conditions so the region will be compliant and the Sales team will be able to release plots for sale
- Prepare and approve conveyance plans, legal plans and monitor technical specifications so the Technical team have the relevant approval for the Sales Team to progress the sales process
- To provide CAD work as required for the projects so to support the wider technical team and ensure the highest standards
- On occasion to deputise for the Technical Manager to provide support and assistance to the team
What experience, qualifications and skills are we looking for?
- Experience of working within a residential developer
- Capable of producing viability layouts, detailed planning layouts for submission and other planning application supporting documents.
- Experienced with the use of AutoCad and the production of working drawings for construction use.
- HND/HNC or equivalent qualification in construction
- Understanding of general design and technical processes with a reasonable knowledge of building regulations.
- Full UK driving licence