Senior Quantity Surveyor | Regional Contractor | Surrey | 82K
We are working with a regional contractor who due to a healthly pipeline of upcoming projects, they are looking to add a Senior Quantity Surveyor to the business.
You will be tasked with intially working on two residential projects, 17 and 23 units respectively with a combined total of 17 million.
Your time will be split between office and site, with the sites being within a half hour commute of the office.
To be responsible for the commercial function on specific project(s) from inception through to the delivery of scheme and completion of Final Accounts.
You will be expected to:
- Maintain all cost control procedures working within the guidelines set out.
- Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Ensure that subordinates receive the required training and mentorship for them to learn and thrive in their responsibilities.
- Be responsible for all cost control procedures, including managing and controlling the budget and valuations by always updating the estimated final costs, and having the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation.
- Contribute to the conceptual designs/options to ensure the design is kept within the budgeted values.
- Lead the value engineering.
- Maintain budget control throughout development.
- Complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development.
- Analyse and report on costs and cash flow.
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods, and materials.
- Compile subcontractor recommendations for approval.
- Process Subcontract orders, payments, and variations.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required and present the Commercial position to the meeting.
On offer is a fantastic all in package of up to 82K + benefits.