Land & New Business Manager | London | Leading SH Developer | Up to £77k + P
We Recruit Group
Land & New Business Manager
Leading Social Housing Developer
Up to £77,000 + Package
There is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Social Housing Developer based in London. For this role you will be expected to source and secure new development opportunities in order to reach the company’s growth targets. The candidates will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders within the organisation as well as the treasury and sales development. Hybrid working is also expected between the London and Kent office.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Liaise with landowners, developers, promoters, house builders and others to acquire sites and procure new developments.
- Liaise with Commission and manage planners, legal advisors, valuers, architects
- Adopt and comply with strategy and regulatory requirements, organisational values, policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Procurement, Safeguarding.
- To appraise schemes against approval hurdles and produce reports for officer level groups and Committees to secure approval to enter into contracts.
- Ensure projects are handed over to the construction team with a clear, comprehensive, and deliverable brief.
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrable understanding and experience of the development process across a range of building and tenure types.
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial elements of development projects and their impact on scheme viability.
- Experience of using development appraisal software.
- Understanding of GLA standards, requirements & procedures, plus latest funding regimes with ability to optimise levels of grant
- Strong commercial awareness and risk management skills.
- Excellent financial and project management skills including budget and cashflow