Buyer | Leading Resi Developer/Contractor | Essex |Up to £55k + P
We Recruit Group
Leading Residential Developer/Contractor
Up to £55,000 + Package
My client provides a total procurement and supply chain solution to its main business (Residential Developer) including but not limited to, Warehousing, Build Off Site, International Procurement and Distribution.
Due to expansion, are looking to recruit a Buyer to join our Commercial Team working alongside an International and Assistant Buyer you will have the full responsibility of sourcing and purchasing from suppliers (predominantly in the UK) for raw materials and components used in the manufacture of products.
The Buyer will analyse and negotiate rates to establish the best price/service for the required materials, components or services. Close liaison with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers will be required to establish the most commercially viable, reliable and suitable supply of materials.
· Purchasing materials for in house manufacturing which may include but is not limited to the following:
– Timber and Engineered materials
– Plumbing and Furniture Fittings
– Fixings and Fasteners
· Compile and distribute enquiries to relevant suppliers in order to obtain prices/rates for required materials/services as per engineering’s specifications
· Analysis of rate received against market comparisons to determine the optimum price for requirements.
· Analysis of product specification to determine suitability and/or possible alternatives
· First point of negotiation for assigned suppliers.
· Monitor and develop supplier performance on delivery, quality & cost.
· Communicate with suppliers to get the right product for the right price at the right time, all in line with specification and operational requirements
· Analysis of previous usage patterns and forecasting forward demand to maintain appropriate trigger levels for the MRP software.
· Exploring and identifying new products and suppliers to enhance product performance and range.