QS | East London | Leading Resi Developer | Up to £60k + P
We Recruit Group
Leading Resi Developer
Up to £60,000k + Package
Great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading developer in East London, you will be responsible for being the commercial lead for their designated projects. You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of a variety of contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes, design and risk management. You will have experience of successfully delivering major open market, affordable and contracting housing schemes with values in excess of £5m.
You will have Commercial awareness, cost planning and the ability to contribute to accurate cost / value forecasting. Account management experience is essential along with excellent communication and procurement skills. Along with experience in negotiating and agreeing both contracts and final accounts.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
• Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
• Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
• Agile working arrangements possible for this role
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
• Private Healthcare
• Company contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
• Sharesave scheme
• Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
• Support with a professional membership
• Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
• Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
• Should ideally have worked at a similar level ideally within a Construction organisation for at least five years.
• Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
• Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on-site environment.
• Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills
• Degree qualified preferable.
• Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable.
• Extensive experience working within the construction industry.
• Ideally possess a BSc in Surveying.
More about the Quantity Surveyor role…
• Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
• Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
• Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Warranties.
• Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and stored centrally.
• Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
• Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with Client’s Representative.
• Pricing and agreeing variations with the Client’s Representative.
• Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
• Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
• Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
• Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
• Control, monitor and improve commercial processes by establishing objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
• Contribute to preparing monthly CtC (CVR/VCA) reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
• Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
• Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
• Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
• Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.