Commercial Manager | Leading Resi Developer | Up to £120k + P
We Recruit Group
Leading Resi Developer
Up to £120,000k + Package
Great opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a leading developer in East London, you will be responsible for being the commercial lead for their designated projects. You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of a variety of contracts and possess a strong appreciation of project processes, design and risk management. You will have experience of successfully delivering major open market, affordable and contracting housing schemes with values in excess of £5m.
You will have Commercial awareness, cost planning and the ability to contribute to accurate cost / value forecasting. Account management experience is essential along with excellent communication and procurement skills. Along with experience in negotiating and agreeing both contracts and final accounts.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
• Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
• Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
• Agile working arrangements possible for this role
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
• Private Healthcare
• Company contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
• Sharesave scheme
• Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
• Support with a professional membership
• Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
• Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
• Should ideally have worked at a similar level ideally within a Construction organisation for at least five years.
• Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
• Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on-site environment.
• Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills
• Degree qualified preferable.
• Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable.
• Extensive experience working within the construction industry.
• Ideally possess a BSc in Surveying.
More about the Commercial Manager role…
Maximise margin through value engineering, setting robust commercial strategies and proactive management of contractor’s accounts
Optimise cash flow through external valuations and control of subcontractor accounts.
Aid the Financial Department in the recovery of outstanding monies.
Monitor and facilitate the recovery of retention and the like.
Ensure correct contractual procedures are operated for both Main Contracts and Subcontracts.
Monitor that subcontract conditions are ‘Back-to-Back’ with main contract conditions or with maximum risk transfer.
Provide pre-contract advice to Estimating Department related to amended Terms and Conditions of Main contracts and resource availability for forward workload
Claims preparation and recovery
Provide monthly Cost Value Reports and monthly Margin Analysis in conjunction with Line Management
Forecast Out-turn Margin/Commercial Analysis / programme / progress in conjunction with Line Management and review monthly.