Senior QS | Essex | National Resi Developer | Up to £80k + P
We Recruit Group
Senior Quantity Surveyor
National Residential Developer
Up to £80,000 + Package
We are working with a leading national residential developer that due to expansion are seeking an experienced senior QS to join an already established commercial team. Working on mostly traditional build homes & apartment led schemes, managing up to 3 members of staff.
The Surveying Department in an Operating Division is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company’s developments by controlling the “cost of sales”, as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the company.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub contract order.
- For new contractors, ensure they are SMAS approved.
- Issue a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire to all new subcontractors and update where appropriately for existing subcontractors, as the questionnaire is only valid for 2 years.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments, for all subcontractors for issue to the Construction Team.
- Ensure all health and safety information has been reviewed by the Construction Department (and Health & Safety Manager where required) prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing, including mandatory signed documents Subcontract Order Terms and Conditions, Subcontract Customer Services Agreement, Modern Slavery Act and Contractors Health, Safety.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Head of Commercial to agree with Sales Director. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Issue payless notices for differences between applied and certified amounts within the relevant timelines.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial.
- Draft budget estimate summary for approval by Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Commercial
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all relevant sites.
- Audit progress (input by Site Manager) on valuation system.
- Value site works on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Value/Cost Reconciliation (VCR).
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VCR and agree final VCR with Commercial Manager / Head of Commercial.
- Build the BES by entering all relevant data into the system including Infrastructure, Development, Siteworks and Preliminaries.