Senior Estimator | Surrey | Leading Developer | Up to £110k + P
We Recruit Group
Leading Residential Developer
Up to £110,000 + Package
There is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest house builders based out of Surrey.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the role of Senior Estimator prepares cost plans for appraisal of development/land opportunities and ensures that all estimating work required to deliver the business unit output is completed in the most timely, accurate, efficient and effective manner possible.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Prepare initial viabilities for all land bids for sign off by Head of Commercial.
- Liaise with Land Department over current and future development opportunities.
- Prepare viability estimates of all construction costs, including all site abnormals, professional fees, site management costs and preliminaries. Input of all development costs into appraisal /viabilities. Support ‘value engineering’ exercises at appraisal/pre-start stage.
- Obtain specialist quotations such as demolition and the like required for removing the risk from land viabilities.
- Where full viabilities are required, ensure they comply with the provisions set out within the Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of pre-budget costs for sites.
- Assist with review of Site Budget and Analysis of Variance reports that are required for issue of site budgets in accordance with Group Guidelines on Viabilities, Budgets and Valuations.
- Provide guidance to Surveyors as required at handover stage of project.
- Collate and submit statistical analysis as required.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as an Estimator for a national housebuilder.