Estimator | Bristol | Leading Housebuilder | Up to £80k + Package
We Recruit Group
Up to £80,000 + Package
UK’s leading privately owned housebuilder, looking for a confident and self-motivated Estimator to join our energetic, customer focused team in Bristol commercial team.
Your duties as an Estimator will be to provide accurate cost estimates for all civil engineering & house build elements.
- Interpret preliminary designs information
- Compiling software based take-offs from preliminary designs drawings
- Produce detailed Roads, Sewers and Groundworks budget estimates
- Monitor cost movements and maintain library cost base
- Appraise different construction methods
- Input into value engineering of proposals
- Assist in the tendering of Remediation, Roads & Sewers & Groundwork packages
- Input into tender analysis of civil engineering works
- Provide support to members of the commercial department validating civil engineering variation claims
- Identify potential Risk or Rewards and the associate cost effect
- Undertake regular site visits to both proposed and live developments
- Assisting Land Department with compiling Pre Purchase Viabilities with accurate costs
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office
Experience in similar role pricing house build and civil engineering works for residential developments
Ability to form strong working relationships both internally and externally
Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
Strong knowledge of codes of practice, building regulations, NHBC, HSE etc.
Excellent communication skills – verbally and written.
Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously.