Senior QS | National Resi Developer | Wolverhampton | £75k +P
We Recruit Group
Senior Quantity Surveyor
National Residential Developer
Up to £75,000 + Package
Currently working in partnership with a leading national residential developer who require a senior quantity surveyor to join the commercial team.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will have Full commercial management of a number of housing projects from conception to completion. Provide information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage. Manage the flow of Health and Safety information from the Commercial Department. Carry out Commercial duties as defined within CDM. Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses.
- Full responsibility for the procurement of subcontractors
- Collaborate with departments across Taylor Wimpey to improve cost effectiveness and ensure timely delivery of projects whilst providing cost advice on any aspect of the build as and when required.
- Develop a close relationship with the site teams and a detailed knowledge of your allocated sites by maintaining a visible site presence, ensuring all developments are visited regularly and attending site meetings as required.
- Liaise with subcontractors in order to ensure sufficient resources are available and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items with other Taylor Wimpey offices as well as external companies.
- Provide information for land purchase exercise.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost monthly and split the cost of profit completions and potential future profit to estimate a value for work in progress.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Attend relevant project, concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification, and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- Attend site on a regular basis to complete Commercial functions and support the site teams to running an efficient development
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within residential housebuilding
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations, NHBC and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience managing both internal and external clients in a commercial environment and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Have an industry related qualification.
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
- Preferably a member of CIOB or RICS