Managing Buyer | Leading Developer | Essex | Up to £80k + P
We Recruit Group
Up to £80,000 + Package
An opportunity has arisen with a leading residential developer to join one of them commercial teams as a Managing Buyer. You will be responsible for managing Senior Buyers, a Material Scheduler and new Trainees as well as working closely with the wider commercial team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manage a team of buyers, which currently consists of Senior Buyers, a Material Scheduler and Trainees.
- Effective liaison with site teams and suppliers to obtain materials/ products according to specification and site requirements.
- Analysis of rate received against market comparisons to determine the optimum price for requirements.
- Compile and distribute enquiries to relevant suppliers in order to obtain prices/rates for required materials/services as per contract documents.
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries, communicating with site and supplier in order to find an amicable conclusion.
- Reporting for each development on a monthly basis. Monitor spend throughout the project to identify any possible shortfalls and forecast risk and opportunities
- Negotiate with suppliers in order to achieve the most commercially viable supply to site
- Review of drawings/specification to assess possible alternative products/methods that could reduce the time/cost of the build or provide a better value end product.
- Review drawings for new sites, make comments and attend prelim meetings