Buyer | Essex | Leading Resi Developer | Up to £60k + Package
We Recruit Group
Leading Residential Developer
Up to £60,000 + Package
As a Materials Buyer you will be responsible for the material scheduling for up to 6 housing development sites at any one time. It’s a difficult role, which is made easier due to various group deals that are in place. Although we are a national developer and have certain house types the buyer must treat every unit individually.
You will report to the Commercial Director. It’s quite a flat hierarchy they will support and develop you in the way they operate, empowering you to run with projects, but always on hand to discuss areas for improvement. They will give you clear objectives. You will need to learn to be adaptable and strong in your management style with a consistent approach with the site teams and supply chain.
- A confident and a numerate professional who has experience as a Buyer with a construction company and can provide take offs from drawings.
- Someone who is self motivated, asks questions, wants to learn and has a good work ethic.
- An HND qualification (or equivalent) in a Building related subject is highly desirable, although a good attitude to team working is more important.
- Someone who can administer systems would be at an advantage and training can be provided on the COINS system. Previous COINS experience is a distinct advantage.
- Ensure all materials are delivered to sites in line with current build programmes, specification and are purchased at competitive prices
- Ensure the procurement of all sites/buying phases are continually monitored against budget.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of material schedules including adding to orders from knowledge of failures on previous sites.
- Produce accurate site-specific material schedules and process material orders on COINS
- Ensure the tender process is adhered to for all new sites/phases in line with the Procurement Tracker
- Negotiate bulk price agreements
- Continually monitor price agreements to ensure they always remain competitive.
- Continually monitor supplier performance and hold regular meetings with Head of Commercial on pricing updates and notifications
- Place orders for key showhome materials before pre-start meetings if required to meet showhouse programme dates.
- Process site purchase orders for replacement materials
- Continually research new products.
- Monitor the goods received sheets and liaise with build and site managers to ensure correct completion procedures are maintained.
- Manage all amendments to specification as and when required including notification where materials change from standard Esquire specification.
- Monitor plant levels and ensure it is off hired when no longer needed.
- Ensure the efficient running of the computerised sub-contract purchasing system.
- Working alongside Head of Commercial and Construction, produce site specific material schedules.
- Produce material tender lists including multiple supplier lists and recommendations.
- Ensure tenders are checked and comply with site specification and current trade specifications
- Update the Tender Event Schedule for monitoring and evaluation.
- Report to the Commercial Manager on the tender enquiry status and seek authorisation to place sub-contract orders on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all material orders are processed correctly and efficiently so accounts can process invoices inline with suppliers.
- Provide support to Senior Buyers and ensure the efficient running of the buying team.
- Ensure you keep up to date with legislation changes.
- Deal with queries from site managers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues.