Buyer | Kent | Luxury Resi Developer | Up to £48k + P
We Recruit Group
Luxury Residential Developer
Up to £48,000 + Package
We are working with a luxury bespoke residential developer in Kent that are recruiting for an experienced Materials Buyer within he commercial team.
- Ensure all materials are delivered to sites in line with current build programmes, specification and are purchased at competitive prices
- Ensure the procurement of all sites/buying phases are continually monitored against budget.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of material schedules including adding to orders from knowledge of failures on previous sites.
- Produce accurate site-specific material schedules and process material orders on COINS
- Ensure the tender process is adhered to for all new sites/phases in line with the Procurement Tracker
- Negotiate bulk price agreements
- Continually monitor price agreements to ensure they always remain competitive.
- Continually monitor supplier performance and hold regular meetings with Head of Commercial on pricing updates and notifications
- Place orders for key showhome materials before pre-start meetings if required to meet showhouse programme dates.
- Process site purchase orders for replacement materials
- Continually research new products.
- Monitor the goods received sheets and liaise with build and site managers to ensure correct completion procedures are maintained.
- Manage all amendments to specification as and when required including notification where materials change from standard specification.
- Monitor plant levels and ensure it is off hired when no longer needed.
- Ensure the efficient running of the computerised sub-contract purchasing system.
- Working alongside Head of Commercial and Construction, produce site specific material schedules.
- Produce material tender lists including multiple supplier lists and recommendations.
- Ensure tenders are checked and comply with site specification and current trade specifications
- Update the Tender Event Schedule for monitoring and evaluation.
- Report to the Commercial Manager on the tender enquiry status and seek authorisation to place sub-contract orders on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all material orders are processed correctly and efficiently so accounts can process invoices inline with suppliers.
- Provide support to Senior Buyers and ensure the efficient running of the buying team.
- Ensure you keep up to date with legislation changes.
- Deal with queries from site managers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues.