Assistant QS | Residential Developer | Cambridgeshire | £45k + P
We Recruit Group
Assistant Project Quantity Surveyor
£45,000 + Package
Handing a Assistant Quantity Surveyor role for a brand new development in Cambridgeshire, it is an RC Frame development of up to 600 units.
Client is a leading Developer/Contractor within London & the home counties delivering all types of residential builds (Trad/Timber frame, RC frame, Steel). Working both privately and in partnership with HA’s, Local Authorities etc.
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the Contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Warranties.
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and stored centrally.
- Compliance with Commercial and Company procedures through the Business Management System.
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with Client’s Representative.
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the Client’s Representative.
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Control, monitor and improve commercial processes by establishing objectives and targets for the Contract teams.
- Contribute to preparing monthly CtC (CVR/VCA) reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
- Ensure company health and safety standards and procedures are followed throughout the team.